Cuisine with Chords #2 X Colonial Classic
As a Ghana gal, oatmeal is a very common breakfast for me. Being a former British colony Ghanians were exposed to British breakfast and have incorporated some of them. Oatmeal is one of those. Surely, there are healthier alternatives to actual oats with condensed milk and white sugar. So here´s an alternative that tastes better and is better to your body. Let's turn on the musical vibe to this dish and get started. It's so simple and easy to make that you will definitely be able to dance while cooking it. :-)
- 1 Glass/Cup of Spelt
- 1 Glasses/ Cup of water or coconut water
- 1 Glass Cup Almond Milk
- 2 Tlsp agave thick juice
- 2 Tlsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp Flex seeds
- In a pot Mix water, milk and agave thick juice and let it cook (DO NOT BOIL)
- Add Spelt, flexseeds and cinnamon to the pot. Let it cook at mid heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir regularly until it's thick and creamy.
- Add coconut oil let it cook for 1 min.
Pour into a mid size bowl and garnish with blueberry, strawberry slices, orange slices, almonds and coconut raspberries or with any fruit of the season.