Cuisine with Chords #3 Chocolate Romance
I know, by the time you read this, Valentine's day is over. However, Let's make it Valentine's month. Those that know me, know my love language is putting it down in the kitchen. The most romantic and indulging desert that I can make from scratch is chocolate soufflé. It's so easy, yet so fancy and sexy. Everyone praises you for this and you did close to no work for it. It's the perfect and most stress free Valentine's day spacial you can make for your love one. YOU WILL ALWAYS win with that. Also, the variety to decorate and present this desert is simply a blessing to the taste buds. The method is super easy. Just make sure you get good quality ingredients.
Turn on the tune and let's get romantic!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 3 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- pinch salt
- tablespoon double cream
1. Melt chocolate and butter in a bowl over hot water, let it cool a little.
2. Add yolks and vanilla.
3. Add a pinch of salt to egg whites and whisk it until foamy & slowly add cream after until it's fluffy
4. Mix wet ingredients together, slowly add cocoa and flour
5. Butter and sugar the soufflé pots, so there is not sticking.
6. Pre-heat oven to 180°c
5. Evenly put the dough in the little soufflé pots.
6. Let it chill in fridge for 2 hours
7. To get the flowing chocolate volcano effect, put few pieces of chocolate in the centre of the chilled soufflé pots