Cuisine with chords #4 Fishy Situation
During my visits to Ghana I rekindled my love to fish. The way the fish is prepared is nowhere close to what I can get or afford in Berlin. In Ghana you will get fresh caught fish prepared right in front of your eyes on the grill right at the beach - YES AMAZING. However, here in Germany,'though spring has kicked in, it's mostly cold and there is no beach with a grill in sight. Plus we all busy and might not as liquid to afford fresh caught fish. Therefore, I get inventive with what's available easily accessible to me and I discovered the ease of frozen Salmon, an oven and pan liner. Literally another fancy looking super easy and affordable dish.
So turn on the chords and let get to the cuisine.
Lay Salom in center of pan liner. Put sea slat, pepper and finly chopped thyme on it and rob it in a bit. (When its frozen there is no robbing in needed my friend) Sprinkle it with olive oil. Peal and crush garlic and lay it on the fish. Now wrap the fish in the pan liner like a toffee and put in the the frige until risotto is almost done. Also pre heat oven to 180°c, When the time has come, but Salmon panliner wrap in the over for aprox. 15min.
Cook the Risotto as always. If you don't know how to cook Risotto let me help you..
- Chop onions and garlic finely and fry the onions & garlic in butter mixed with a little olive oil.
- Add risotto rice - such as arborio,carnaroli or vialone nano - and fry until translucent.
- Add wine if using, stirring continuously until absorbed.
- Add a ladleful of hot stock, cook over a medium heat and keep stirring until all the stock is absorbed.
- Repeat this until all the stock has been used, the rice no longer has a chalky core and the risotto is thick and glossy.
- Add any final ingredients such as butter and cheese.
- Add the fresh herbs & Stir through.
- You can leave the risotto to sit for a few minutes so that all the flavours and liquid absorb and settle.
3. Put it together
- Place Risotto on plate and top with salmon
- sprinkle olive over it and garnish with spring onions.
- Salmon Seak
- charlotte onions
- spring onioin
- risotto rice
- parmesan cheese
- white wine
- veggie broth
- salt & pepper
- fresh light herbs