Cuisine with Chords #6 X Dubai Nostalgia
A few years back I traveled to Dubai to visit one of my "Teenhood" friends. She got married to a great guy and moved there. I could make multiple posts about my Dubai experience and I will at some point. One think however, that was very amazing is the food. Anyone who lives in Berlin appreciates Arabian or Lebanese cooking. But being in Dubai and haven it the authentic way was a whole other level. So this dish is very much inspired by that. So turn on the music and dive into some Arabian Trap vibes.
- Wash, peal and cut all ingredients in tiny cubes. (super tiny).
- As instructed on package: use same amount of veggie broth instead of water. Cook and mix with tables spoon of paprika paste and table spoon of tomato paste. Then pour over couscous and mix. Let is rest on the side until its fully cooled, soft and soaked with the liquid.
- Add all the pree-chopped veggies to the couscous and mix.
- Add Juice of the Lemons and mix again.
- Peal and cut garlic. Put in food processors
- Add all other ingredients to the food processor
- Mix until it becomes a even and smooth creamy texture
- Peel carrots
- heat olive oil in a pan
- roast carrots in the pan
- mix honey and turmeric and pour over the hot carrots
- swing till they are fully caramelised
DONE. Enjoy 😉
- vegetable broth
- paprika paste
- tomato paste
- 1x Red Onion
- 3 Gloves of Garlic
- 2x Lemons
- 1x Red peper
- 1x Yellow Pepper
- 1x chilli
- 3 1/2 - 4 cups veggie oil chilled
- 1/2 cup garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup ice cold water
- 1 3/4 tsp salt
- slim regular carrot
- slim purple carrot
- olive oil
- Turmeric powder